Epidemiologist & Health Economist. Senior Fellow, FAS. Fmr 16 yrs @Harvard. Health & justice advocate. RoomRater 10/10. COVID19 reports from Jan’20.
Washington DC & Virginia
Joined on 10 January, 2009
Sweden 🇸🇪 excess deaths is at an epic high in 100+ years.
2020 has both the **most number of excess deaths** & **highest per capita excess deaths** than any year since the 1918-1919 pandemic.
Swedish #COVID19 herd strategy my ass.
Similar story in US. 🧵
(Figure by @zorinaq)
For everyone who advocated for us to follow Sweden’s #covid19 strategy 👇
Thank god no one listened 🙏
5) 25 leading Swedish scientists:
➡️”🇸🇪 hoped herd immunity would curb #COVID19. Don't do what we did.”
➡️ “🇸🇪 approach to COVID has led to death, grief and suffering. The only example we're setting is how not to deal with a deadly infectious disease”
📍DON’T CHASE SWEDISH HERD STRATEGY. As many know, 🇸🇪 took the careless “herd” strategy in spring to let the coronavirus run rampant. Huge #COVID19 deaths compared to its Nordic neighbors. But Swedish leaders claim they built herd & will win in 2nd wave. Here is how it’s going:
4) Note to self / any government, NEVER EVER CHASE NATURAL INFECTION HERD STRATEGY... here is how it went for Sweden 🇸🇪 and all their denials / spin by their “Scott Atlas” equivalent, Tegnell. #COVID19
4) Sweden 🇸🇪 excess deaths is also at epic levels. 2020 has both the **most number of excess deaths** and **highest per capita excess deaths** than any year since the 1918-1919 pandemic.
Swedish herd strategy my ass.
Figure by @zorinaq. Data from
BREAKING—US smashes the all time #COVID19 daily death record once again, with 4131 deaths in one day.
TOTAL EXCESS DEATHS since Feb 1, 2020:
... now over 470,000. 😢
A 9/11 + size scale event in terms of people dying every day.
This has to be brought under control!
3) Excess deaths captures both underdiagnosis (if someone died without ever having a positive test) or indirect effect on healthcare system that leads to other deaths due to displaced healthcare (hospital full, ambulance delayed, medical equipment shortages, staff shortages, etc)
actual logistical management
it’s amazing that that’s a relief
JUST IN—Biden’s new CDC Director @RWalensky announces that CDC will review all of its #COVID19 guidances.
Airborne transmission risks?
Travel risks on planes, buses, trains?
2) Because we will now be following the science at the CDC under @RWalensky going forward.
📺 FINAL TV AD:
We were warned about the risk of #COVID19 becoming a pandemic in January. Scientists knew and many sounded the alarm.
And @realDonaldTrump knew, but he decided to “play it down”. So many have died needlessly.
#Vote because our lives depend on it.
End of content
No more pages to load