12) the insurrectionists are being rounded up now...
BREAKING—They’ve arrested the man who threw the fire extinguisher at the police on Capitol siege day. Who is he? Retired firefighter Robert Sanford of Chester, PA—he faces three federal felony charges including assaulting a police officer. Oy.
10) To be honest, back in 2016, I was in a state of denial how bad Trump could get. Then @andreafeigl1 slapped some sense into me with her encyclopedic history of Nazi Germany and the Anschluss (annexation of Austria 🇦🇹), and how fascism arrives... and she was bloody right.
9) And when Trump got elected... you can figure out the caption without translation.
7) And there was this.... the week after the Charlottesville, VA right wing protests and “very fine people on both sides” speech.
6) To be fair, Germany’s biggest outlet also went there...
5) So this cover is from a semi-tabloid magazine in Germany, according to @andreafeigl1. But even so, how did such a magazine still get it so damn right?! Maybe Germany 🇩🇪 has seen this kinda fascism before...
4) My wife @andreafeigl1’s 🇦🇹 great grandfather secretly fought Hilter’s Nazi regime & smuggled many Jews to safety as an aircraft engineer. He was thrown into a concentration camp, and escaped.
She knows a few things about Nazi history—Jan 6th was downright fascist. Read 👇
3) We cannot have a repeat of the fascism from WW2. This is @Schwarzenegger’s speech was so powerful.
JUST IN — "Camp Auschwitz" insurrectionist of the Capitol siege was just arrested this morning in Newport News, VIrginia.
This speech will go down as one of the greatest speeches. @Schwarzenegger is right—Jan 6th 2021 was our Kristallnacht. Austria 🇦🇹 tried to resist Hilter takeover for years but succumbed because Hitler’s lies went unchallenged. We must #impeach now.
The Nazi book burnings are no different than the thrashing of the news camera equipment today
Hold the perpetrators accountable, or it will remain normal
Some saw clearly what MAGAism is - pure fascism - in 2016.
More see it 2day
Some saw this playbook b4: WW2
Americans r too unaware of history since it didn't happen on home soil
But we MUST heed these lessons, lest it b 2 late 4 democracy & consequences are unfathomable